Good morning bloggies, lurkers, and friends of mine who say you read my blog but never comment (it’s ok, we don’t bite…well, unless you’re covered in peanut butter)!😉
You kids know how I roll on Wednesdays, so let’s get this party started!
Please be sure to
tip your waiter thank your host!
Love ya Jenn!
A genius take on a sweet/savory breakfast from my girl Christin!
Peanut butter, egg, pumpkin butter, and raisin sandwich!
With a side of my boyfriend Joe and vitamin candy😉
Is a cupcake before noon like a drink before 5?
Steamed kale, kidney beans, roasted BBQ kabocha, corn, and fresh tomatoes
Snack #2 (6:00pm)
Jaaaaauicy watermelon leftover from this weekend
Yep, pretty sure I’m on to something here!
When I work my late shifts, there’s nothing worse coming home after a grueling 10 hour shift and trying to figure out what to make for dinner before chewing your own arm off!
Solution: whip up some breakfast for dinner while you’re packing lunch!
Basic Overnight Oats: (serves 1)
My “go-to” recipe for OO’s
- 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of yogurt (cottage cheese works well too)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon extract of your choosing (vanilla, almond, etc)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
2. Cover with a lid and allow to set in refrigerator overnight.
3. In the morning (or night), uncover and add enough water to get oats to your desired consistency (I usually use about 1/4 cup).
4. Garnish with fresh fruit and healthy fats like nut butter or coconut!
It’s funny, without even thinking about it, my meals show a perfect balance of sweet and savory…I guess the body knows best, huh?
What did you snack on last night? Do you tend to go sweet or savory with nightly noshings?