Hey guys! So I’ve seen a lot of bloggers doing the “Friday Favorites” posts lately and I thought I’d do one of my own! I am seriously loving so many things right now, but for the sake of the length of this post (and your attention span), I’ll try my best to narrow it down to five, mkay?
1. Leftovers for breakfast!
Mexican Breakfast Pizza: (serves 1)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup mixed veggies (I used leftover bell peps and onions from last night’s dinner)
- 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites
- splash of milk
- more veggies + cheese for toppin’
- plain Greek yogurt and ketchup for swirlin’
- and finally a fork for eatin’ 😉
2. Once hot, add spinach and veggies and saute just until they start to get tender.
3. Whisk egg + egg whites and milk in a small bowl and pour over veggie mixture.
I topped my breakfast pizza with a couple of tiny purple potatoes that I steamed in the microwave, tomatoes, and Daiya cheese. If you want melty cheese, just transfer your skillet (oven-proof of course) to the oven and broil for a couple of minutes. Then swirl on whatever sauces call to you in the wee hours of the morning…in this case, it HAD to be ketchup and “sour cream” (Greek yogurt)!
2. Adding veggies AND fruits to my salad!
And enjoying with a drizzle of warm coconut butter! Emilia, you are a GENIUS!
3. Perfectly ripe nanners!
4. The heavenly smell of honeysuckle on my way home from work this evening!
5. Coming home after a LONG day at work to a “present” in the mailbox!
What favorite thing are you enjoying today?
Any exciting plans for the weekend?
Don’t forget Mother’s Day is this Sunday!!