Wooo! How bout that for some title bait?
Yes, I did in fact make a recipe JUST to have something green to post about for St. Paddy’s Day.
Yes, it is simple…delicious…and can be made in a blender, food processor, magic bullet, or if you don’t mind it being a little chunky…fork it up!
No, it does NOT taste like beans.
Yes, it makes a perfectly acceptable dinner…hey, I’m part Irish AND it’s St. Paddy’s Day!
- 1 cup white kidney beans
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 6-8 drops green food coloring
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces (or chips)
1. Combine beans, almond butter, and maple syrup in food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Add in the mint extract and food coloring and process.
3. Stir in chocolate pieces.
4. Lick the food processor clean with a rubber spatula…yes, that is the MOST important step in this process!
I made this recipe small since it was a first time experiment, but feel free to double…or even triple it…you WILL want more once this is gone!
Seriously, why are you still reading? Go to your kitchen and make this right now!
Did any of you “green up” your eats for St. Paddy’s Day?