Man, I can’t believe the weekend is already over! Why, oh why is Monday so far from Friday, yet Friday is so friggin’ close to Monday?? Oh, what I wouldn’t give to have a job that allowed me to work from home! But, since it is not exactly in my budget to purchase a million-dollar CAT scan machine and have it installed in my living room, I guess I’ll just have to keep going in to the hospital until I can think of something! ;)
I guess I’m still riding the green wave from yesterday, because this morning’s meal was all about the monster…the GREEN Monster that is! They may look scary to some, but I have been in LURVE with the Green Monster since the very first time I tried it! I really wanted a big cool glass of “G” juice this morning, but I couldn’t let a perfectly good Pancake Sunday get away from me…oh no, no. Sooooooooooo, lookie what I did!
- 1 cup spinach, packed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- splash of vanilla
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
Combine all ingredients and mix in a blender (or Magic Bullet) until smooth.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1. Stir together the dry ingredients.
2. Add Green Monster to the mix and stir until combined.
3. I had some shredded carrots left over from yesterday’s baking adventure, so I decided to throw in 1/2 cup into the mix.
4. Spoon batter into skillet and cook on medium-high heat for approximately 5-6 minutes per side.
From Heather, the genius of all things coconut butter!
- 8 ounces unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 bar of high quality dark chocolate
1. Place shredded coconut place in your food processor
2. Break chocolate into pieces, throw in with the coconut and blend, blend, blend!
You may have to scrape down the sides a few times, but it doesn’t take long to come together. The heat from the food processor warms the chocolate and melts it into the coconut, giving you a warrrrrrrm chocolately sauce!
I thinned my “mud” with a little water and enjoyed a good-sized drizzle on my monster-cakes!
Don’t let the earthiness full you, these monster-cakes were full of natural banana sweetness and had a nice soft texture thanks to the protein powder!
Later today, I found myself back in Nashville again. Two weekends in a row? Yes! My friend Jen wanted to pick up a few things from Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods and asked if I wanted to come along. Helllllllllll-o?! Do fish breath underwater??
I picked up some more good eats, including a few special items for a foodie swap that I’ve planned with the lovely Christin! So excited to “see” her face when she gets the package!
Of all the items purchased, this was by far the BEST buy of the century!
At long last! I finally found me a KABOCHA!!
At first, I thought it was just a stand full of buttercups (which the sign indicated) but a really nice man working in the produce section told me that they were all kabochas, but they had been labeled incorrectly. I about jumped up and down! I’ve seen these all over the blog world and have been on a mad hunt for one for at least 3 months!
I sliced it up and roasted it in a 425 degree oven for about 30 minutes sans seasoning so I could get the true kabocha flavor. Oh my gosh! I’ve tried many different squashes but this one is the sweetest and best tasting one I’ve EVER tasted…definitely my new favorite veggie! I should have bought the entire display!
All sliced up, roasted and ready to
devour savor! Did you know you can even eat the skin?
- Kombucha is a fermented tea used for medicinal purposes
- Kombucha has been shown to be antimicrobial, anticancer, hepatoprotective qualities (good to Mr. Liver), and to be antioxidative.
- Common claims: increases energy, sharpens eyesight, aids joint recovery, improves skin elasticity, and aids in digestion.
I have to admit the first…and well, the second time…that I tried kombucha, I was NOT a fan! It has a very interesting taste to it that takes a little getting used to, but with something that is THIS good for you, how could you not give it a second chance…or a third?
We have a winner folks! The more I sipped, the more I liked! Lindsay will be so proud! ;)
I even have photo documentation!
Tell me, if you could only eat ONE vegetable for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I think you already know my choice!