Good morning bloggies, lurkers, and friends of mine who say you read my blog but never comment (it’s ok, we don’t bite…well, unless you’re covered in peanut butter)!
You kids know how I roll on Wednesdays, so let’s get this party started!
Please be sure to
tip your waiter thank your host!
Love ya Jenn!
A genius take on a sweet/savory breakfast from my girl Christin!
Peanut butter, egg, pumpkin butter, and raisin sandwich!
With a side of my boyfriend Joe and vitamin candy
Is a cupcake before noon like a drink before 5?
Steamed kale, kidney beans, roasted BBQ kabocha, corn, and fresh tomatoes
Snack #2 (6:00pm)
Jaaaaauicy watermelon leftover from this weekend
Yep, pretty sure I’m on to something here!
When I work my late shifts, there’s nothing worse coming home after a grueling 10 hour shift and trying to figure out what to make for dinner before chewing your own arm off!
Solution: whip up some breakfast for dinner while you’re packing lunch!
Basic Overnight Oats: (serves 1)
My “go-to” recipe for OO’s
- 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of yogurt (cottage cheese works well too)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon extract of your choosing (vanilla, almond, etc)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
2. Cover with a lid and allow to set in refrigerator overnight.
3. In the morning (or night), uncover and add enough water to get oats to your desired consistency (I usually use about 1/4 cup).
4. Garnish with fresh fruit and healthy fats like nut butter or coconut!
It’s funny, without even thinking about it, my meals show a perfect balance of sweet and savory…I guess the body knows best, huh?
What did you snack on last night? Do you tend to go sweet or savory with nightly noshings?