Let me just say one thing…I absolutely love cheese! I really don’t know how you vegetarians/vegans do it. You can take everything, but don’t lay a finger on my
butterfinger cheese! At this very moment, there are eleven different kinds of cheese in my fridge…ELEVEN! I know I have a problem. I’m reminded every time I go to SAMs Club and pass by the cheese cooler. I just can’t walk away from that golden cheese oasis without taking at least one more home with me!
Not so long ago, when I was a fat-fearing woman, I would never buy full fat cheese, but you wanna know something about reduced fat cheese? It’s so over-processed that it loses all that wonderful strong cheesy flavor! You feel like you have to use more of it in recipes to get the taste to come through and I’m no rocket scientist here, but doesn’t that kinda defeat the purpose of buying it to begin with? Now I only purchase strong flavored, full fat cheese and I swear it makes a world of a difference!
This morning, I decided to whip up some of Lindsay’s Eggins for breakfast.
Eggin=a vessel to carry gooey melty cheese to my mouth!
What’s an Eggin you ask? Simple, it’s a muffin-like egg…or maybe it’s an egg-like muffin?? Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Oh, nevermind!
Cheesy Salsa Eggins for One:
- 1 whole egg
- 1/3 cup egg whites in the carton
- 1/2 Tbsp flax meal
- dash of almond milk
- Ms. Dash Southwestern Chipotle Seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
I whisked up all the ingredients except the cheese, filled 3 muffin cups and baked them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Then I added the cheese on top and allowed just enough time for the cheese to melt and topped them with some mild salsa.
Y-U-M! That’s all I have to say!
For lunch I had a leftover Cheesy Black Bean Enchilada and a big ol’ salad of spinach, celery, carrots, cucumber, bell pepper, cottage cheese and nooch (’cause you can NEVER have too much cheese!)
After work, I went on a search for a dress for my night out on the town on New Year’s Eve. This will be my first time actually going out to celebrate! Well, if I can find a dress that is. I must’ve tried on twenty dresses…no luck!
Am I the only one here that HATES getting completely undressed in a freezing cold dressing room 27 times and then walking out of the store empty handed after an hour?? Grr!
I didn’t get home until after 7pm and I had no idea what I wanted to eat for dinner. I wanted something warm and comforting, but there was no time for soup making, I was hong-gry! This is how I decided:
Warm thoughts -> childhood -> dinnertime-> mac ‘n cheese -> one dish dinner? ->
“Cheezy” Tuna Mac: (serves 1)
Inspired by Ashley’s Mac ‘n Cheeze
- 1/2 cup dry whole wheat macaroni noodles
- 1 oz unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup + 1-2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 heaping Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/16 tsp onion powder
- 1 5 oz. can of tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup peas (I was out so I used chopped up green beans)
1. Cook macaroni according to package.
2. While macaroni is cooking, blend cashews, 1/2 cup milk, nooch, and spices in a blender until smooth.
3. Add “cheeze” sauce to drained, cooked noodles.
4. Add tuna and heat over low-medium heat until cooked through (this is where the extra milk comes in to play, add more to keep the consistency creamy and not dry).
5. Stir in cooked peas (either canned or thawed from frozen), again…no peas so I used gb’s
6. Top with more smoked paprika
Man, all this talk about cheese reminds me I still have yet to make THESE!
Oh my freakin…*drool*
1. Do you like cheese? Do you have a favorite?
If I had to pick a favorite, I would have to say crumbled goat cheese!
2. What are your plans for this New Year’s?